Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Behavior Is Not Heartwarming But At Least It’s Pizza Warming

, , , | Right | April 20, 2021

We are running a special where you receive a free thirty-two-ounce fountain drink when you order online; our restaurant only serves fountain drinks.

I come into work this morning and there is an order that came in online at around 10:00 am that they want to pick up at 7:00 pm. That’s not that unusual, especially on our busier nights. All day, the ticket hangs on the make-bar waiting for time to make it. A little after seven…

Customer: “How long has my pizza been in the warmer? I don’t want a pizza that has been in there all day.”

Me: “When someone orders for a specific time, we try to have it ready five minutes prior.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t want a pizza that has been in there all day long.”

I am thinking. “Why would you order ten hours before you wanted it if you’re worried it’s going to be in the warmer all day?”

Me: “It hasn’t been in the warmer all day. It was made just before seven.”

Customer: “How do I know that? I don’t want a pizza that has been in the warmer all day!”

Me: “I’ve been here since this morning. Your ticket has been sitting on the make-bar all day waiting for the time to make it. Your total is [total].”

The customer hands me his card and remarks as he looks around the restaurant:

Customer: “This place is a dump. You’ll be closed within a year.”

The owners opened their first restaurant in the seventies and this particular location has been open for over four years.

Me: “Here’s your card back and your free drink.”

I hand him an empty thirty-two-ounce drink cup. He holds up the cup and waves it around.

Customer: “And what am I supposed to do with this?”

Me: “I’m not sure what you’re asking.”

Customer: *Waving the cup around some more* “What am I supposed to do with this cup?”

Me: “Take it to the drink machine and fill it with your favorite beverage?”

Customer: *Continues to wave his drink cup around* “And then what? I’m just supposed to carry a cup around?!”

Me: “There are lids and straws by the drink machine.”

Customer: “But then what? I’m just supposed to carry this around?!”

Me: “Sir, it’s a free drink. Fill it up, don’t fill it up; frankly, I don’t care.”

The customer stares at me for a few seconds and starts toward the drink machine.

Customer: “This place is such a dump. You’ll be closed in a year.”

I waited behind the counter until the customer filled his drink and left the restaurant, just in case he wanted to let me know again what a dump the place was.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!