Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Wheels Of Good Deeds Come Back Around

, , , , | Hopeless | March 23, 2016

(I’m on my way to pick up my toddler from nursery. It’s a lovely spring day and the small park is full of people. I’m passing a group of teenage boys, when one of them asks:)

Teenage Boy: “Can I have a go on your wheelchair?”

(Since I’m running early, can walk short distances, and know how much fun wheelchairs can be, I surprise them.)

Me: “Sure, you can use it for a few minutes.”

(They have their fun on the chair, and then reclaim it and continue on my way. Several weeks later, I am on my way home, the back of my chair loaded with shopping and my toddler on my knee, when the heavens open. We’re getting more and more drenched, when I hear a shout from behind me.)

Teenage Boy: “Hey, missus, do you want a hand?”

(In a seafront shelter on the other side of the road is the same group of lads, with the one who tried out my chair heading towards me. He could have stayed in the dry, but he got soaked making sure that my daughter and I got home quickly. Teenagers can be great.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!