Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Problem Starts Small But Gets Worse

, , , | Right | March 13, 2023

I was helping a new cashier at the candy bar at the cinema. It was a normal day with a steady stream of customers but not overly busy, so I was serving as well as helping the new cashier on their first shift without a supervisor shadowing.

Customer: “Two medium combos, please.”

New Cashier: “Okay! Anything else with those today?”

Customer: “No, thank you.”

The interaction was going well, so I continued serving and turned around to get popcorn ready for my order, barely listening to the other customer.

New Cashier: “Hey, [My Name], what button is it for the medium drinks?”

Me: “Small, so it settles, and you can manually fill the rest after you get popcorn.”

New Cashier: “Thanks.”

Customer:Excuse me! I got a medium not a small!”

New Cashier: “…”

Luckily, I had finished serving my last order by now.

Me: “Yes, you will get a medium. We use the small fill, so it won’t overflow if we are getting your other items.”

Customer: “Are you the supervisor?”

Me: “No, but I am able to get them if you like.”

As this was going on, the new cashier went ahead and filled their drinks and set them on the counter.

The customer immediately ripped the lids off, putting his face so close to the cup I thought he might inhale the contents. After a second, he looked up, put the lids back on, tossed the straw wrappers across the counter, and stormed off.

Customer: *From across the lobby* “I hope you know I’ll be speaking to somebody about this!”

New Cashier: “Did… I do something wrong?”

Me: “No, but I wonder what it looked like on the camera when he shoved his nose in the cup.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!