Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Only Time You Can Call Her Piggy

| Romantic | May 2, 2015

(Two customers come in, one guy, one girl. My coworker and I are watching in surprise as they coo over our plush toys, and really check out the objects. Finally, they come to pay and the guy has three Muppet plush dolls he wishes to purchase.)

Guy: “Just these three, please.”

(I start scanning as he customers start talking.)

Guy: *to the girl* “I know I have two other Kermit the Frog dolls, but I had to get one more. Do you know why?”

Girl: “Because Kermit the Frog is your favourite toy?”

Guy: “That too, but you’ll see.”

(In curiosity, I scan the Kermit doll, wondering what he was planning to do. To my surprise, I watch as he takes the doll and places it in her hand.)

Guy: “For you, Piggy. So I will always be with you.”

Coworker & Me: “AWWWW!”

(The girl glows bright red and hugs the Kermit doll. The guy then pays for the other two dolls and hugs his Miss Piggy doll.)

Guy: “…and with this, you can be with me.”

Coworker & Me: “AWWWW!”

Guy: *to us* “We’re huge Muppet fans.”

Girl: “Really huge.”

(The guy leans over and kisses her cheek, and I melt.)

Me: “You two just made my day.”

Girl: “Let’s go, Kermie.”

(My coworker and I were quietly cooing as the two left the store.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!