Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The One Who Apologizes Is Not The Jerk Here

, , | Right | April 3, 2021

I am concentrating on something I am working on and have my head down, so I don’t see a customer standing fifteen feet away.

Customer: *Rapid-fire shouting* “Hey! Excuse me! Hello!”

Me: *Startled* “What?!”

Customer: “What? What?! I’m a paying customer with a question, that’s what! You’ve got a nasty attitude! Now, start over.”

Me: “I’m sorry about that, sir, I—”

Customer: “No, with a smile.”

Me: *Smiles* “Of course, I’m so sorry. What can I help you with today, sir?”

Customer: “Much better. Now. Show me where the salad is.”

I show him to the boxed green salads. This is my third mistake in one single interaction.

Customer: “No, salads! Like, salads. You buy them in the deli. Salads.”

I apologise again and show him the potato and pasta salads.

Customer: “Nooooooo, I want the ones in the deli, not next to it. Where are those?

I finally manage to show him the right items.

Customer: “Great. Move so I can actually look at them.”

Me: “Of course, sir, and I am so sorry again to have offended you. I was completely in the wrong.”

Customer: “S*** happens. You’re just rude and nasty to the customers.”

Me: “Yes, sir, I am, and I’m so sorry.”

Customer: “Thank you. You can go now.”

I went back to work feeling guilty. Apologies if anyone has to shop at my store; clearly, I’m not good at this kind of work.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!