Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sweet Little Gesture, Part 2

, , | Working | May 6, 2016

(A local “job lot” store, featuring low cost things like lesser name brands or post-clearance overstock, recently had a new type of candy on display, cherry flavored heart-shaped jelly beans. All natural, real cherry juice, etc. Picked up on a whim, they turn out to be very good! I decide to go online and check the site, and while they have a small selection it’s mostly not sold around me. Still, I send an email.)

Me: “Hello! I just wanted to say, I recently tried your [Brand] candies, and they’re absolutely wonderful. I’m not a health nut, but it’s good to see a company using ‘real’ ingredients, make it taste good, AND not charge an arm and a leg! Only one store around me carries only your cherry candies, but I got instantly addicted. I just wanted to let you know, you guys have a new fan, and I’m trying to talk my friend who’s starting a ‘YouTube foodie channel’ to review your stuff.”

(The next day, I get a reply.)

Email: “Thank you so much for the kind words! That was actually one of the nicest emails my group has seen yet from a customer. If you would like to send me your address, we’d love to send you a gift!”

(Thinking it would be just a coupon, or at most a promo sample or something, I went ahead, and then forgot about it. A week later I came home to a big box on my porch. They sent me one of EACH TYPE of their candies, seven different full-sized bags, one of which is a 41 flavored mixed bag! They also gave the brand new online shopping link that hadn’t been posted yet, and said the job lot store is going to be carrying the regular and sour fruit flavors soon, too. Apparently breaking the “you only hear the bad reviews” myth has its upsides besides just making a customer rep smile!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!