Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Smoking Them Out

| Learning | March 2, 2017

(Due to testing, all our usual classrooms are switched around. I’m sitting in language arts in a portable classroom we have never been in, so we are sitting random seats.)

Teacher: “[Student], can you grab the tissues from the cabinet over there?”

Student: *who sits next me* “Yep.”

(She stands up to and jerks back down with a yelp of pain. I notice her hair; it’s stuck behind her seat, tangled in something.)

Me: “Hold on a second; I got it.”

(I kneel down to see her hair is tangled in some spiky rake-looking thing on a small book shelf behind us. I grab the spiky thing and start to detangle her hair from it when something else falls from the bookshelf onto the floor.)

Student: “Oh, my god; is that pack of cigarettes?”

(Sure enough it was cigarettes and a lighter stuck behind the spiky thing. The teacher called security over to confiscate them. Later we heard that the bunch of the high-schoolers who stood across the road from school everyday and smoke were hiding them in the classroom to dig out later and had been caught searching for them.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!