Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Get Them Grilled By The Manager

, , , | Working | October 15, 2018

(My best friend works at a bakery, which we frequent as they have good food at good prices. Today my fiancé and I go in for lunch on his day off.)

Fiancé: “I’ll have the grilled ham and cheese.”

Cashier: “That will be [total]; it will be ready in a few minutes.”

(We sit down to wait. One of the bakers is working on subs on the side, then finishes and goes into the back. We wait for about fifteen minutes before she comes back out and sees us.)

Baker: “Are you waiting for a sub?”

Fiancé: “No, I’m waiting for a grilled ham and cheese.”

Baker: “We don’t do those.”

Fiancé: “What do you mean? It’s on the sign right there.”

Baker: “I mean we don’t do those in summer. We don’t turn the grill on in summer.”

(The cashier looked at her strangely and then offered us a refund, which we took immediately and left. I talked to my friend later and learned they DID do grilled sandwiches in summer, it was just that this particular coworker didn’t like to do more work than necessary, and wouldn’t turn the grill on if she didn’t feel like it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!