Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Render Unto Google That Which Is Google’s

, , , | Right | CREDIT: unofficiallyATC | July 9, 2022

I work as a customer support phone agent for an app that handles a lot of financial information. Therefore, we have a process whenever someone calls in to verify their identity before we can give them any information.

A lady calls in, I give her my greeting spiel, and we go through the verification process without issue. Then, we get to why she called in. She’s having trouble logging on to the app. I assist with that and ask her if there’s anything else she needs.

Lady: “Can you upgrade my Google account?”

Me: “I’m not sure what you mean.”

Lady: “That’s why I was trying to log in in the first place; I’m trying to upgrade my Google account!”

We are in no way connected to Google apart from allowing people to use Google Pay within our app, so I’m not sure what her thought process is with that.

Me: “If you’re having difficulty with your Google account, I would recommend calling Google Support.”

Lady: *Very irritated* “So you can’t help me?”

Me: “No, ma’am. I work for [Company]. I can’t assist you with accounts outside of our platform.”

Lady: “You people make this so difficult! I give up!”

I’m not allowed to hang up on customers, so I got to hear her huff and complain to herself for several more minutes before she finally hung up.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!