Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Protecting Against Stupid Customers

, , , | Right | June 25, 2017

(I’m told a call will be coming back to me in the home theater from an upset customer.)

Me: “Thanks for calling [Store]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I bought a television from you earlier today and the power cord doesn’t work.”

Me: “Okay… what seems to be the problem with it?”

Customer: “It doesn’t plug in right! It goes into the TV just fine but it doesn’t fit the outlet!”

(At this point, there are several possibilities, so I try to start narrowing it down.)

Me: “Was it an open box TV? We’ve been selling a lot of those lately.”

Customer: “No, it was a BRAND NEW TV.”

Me: “Okay, hang on.”

(I check to see if the power adapter is a brick-style that has two pieces. It doesn’t appear to be, but just in case, I ask.)

Me: “What does the power cord look like?

Customer: “It has the end that goes into the TV, and then the other end is just rubber! It doesn’t fit the outlet!”

Me: *as realization is dawning* “Does the rubber end come off the cord? Is it just a protective cap?”

Customer: “…Ha! It sure does! Thanks!”

(After the customer hung up, I uttered what can only be described as Kif’s weary sigh. That wasn’t the only incident today, but it’s the most notable.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!