Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Procedures Exist For A Reason

, , , | Right | February 21, 2024

I do design work for a larger firm. I received an email on Monday morning from a client I’ve worked with in the past. She forwarded me a conversation she’d been having with one of our on-site photographers about a poster and getting photos done for it. The only problem was that this was the first I’d heard of the job.

Client: “There are two great pictures of her running. Can we use this for the running poster? Thanks.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I’ve no record of any formal request for this project.”

Client: “What are you talking about? It’s all in the email I sent you. I even attached the photographs.”

There was no mention of a request, dimensions, paper type, or anything in the actual email or any of the forwarded conversations.

Me: “Yes, the photographs are there, but in order for me to start on this, you need to submit a formal design request with [My Boss].”

Client: “Okay, but can’t you just do it instead? You have all the information.”

Me: “Unfortunately, no, I don’t have all the information. Also, it’s against company policy to work on projects without a formal request. Please submit a request, and one of our graphic designers will get it back to you within two weeks.”

Client: “That’s not good. I need that poster by the end of the week. Aren’t you guys supposed to be able to do this sort of thing?”

Me: “We are, when you actually ask for something formally and in time, yeah.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!