Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Please Show Me Where I Asked

, , , | Working | November 15, 2021

[Coworker #1] and I are talking during lunch one day when she mentions that she has never had sushi. 

Me: “There’s a restaurant a few blocks down that serves really good sushi. You can even sit at the bar and watch them make it. You wanna go for dinner sometime?”

Coworker #1: “Ah, I don’t know… What if I don’t like it?”

Me: *Shrug* “Then you don’t like it, but if you’re curious, I think you should try it. It’ll be my treat.”

Coworker #1: “Okay. Yeah, I’ll let you know when.”

She leaves the break room. [Coworker #2], who was sitting at a nearby table, comes over.

Coworker #2: “I love sushi! Where are we going, [My Name]?”

[Coworker #2] almost never talks to me, so I’m immediately suspicious.

Me: “[Coworker #1] and I are going to [Restaurant].”

Coworker #2: *Less enthusiastic* “Oh. Well, if [Coworker #1] is going, I’m not.”

Me: *Simply* “Okay, maybe another time.”

Coworker #2: “I just don’t like her. She’s weird.”

Me: “Well, I invited her.”

Coworker #2: “I just meant that if I go, she can’t go.”

Me: “I didn’t invite you.”

Coworker #2: “Are you serious?”

Me: *Laughs* “Yeah? Why not?”

Coworker #2: “Okay, you go on with your boring-a** friend, then.”

He moved to another table with his back to me. [Coworker #1] ended up liking sushi. I’m pretty sure [Coworker #2] only invited himself because he heard that I was paying.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!