Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Movie For You!

, , , | Right | June 21, 2022

I work at a cinema, and we have a semi-regular customer who always tends to cause problems for us, whether she assumes an employee was in her way or she doesn’t like her food.

She comes in on a particularly busy evening and is not willing to wait. She is in line behind another group and is talking to them. After I help some of them, I have to close my line to make some food orders as there is no one else available.

Me: *To the other customer* “I’m sorry, but I have to close my line. If I am done making these food orders before another line opens up, I will help you.”

They completely understand and proceed to enter the line next to them.

After preparing the food, I come to give it to the customers. The woman cuts in line (which is a couple of lines away from my original line) and angrily asks me when she will be helped. I let her know she can wait in line and will be helped shortly. It is very clear to her and everyone around how busy we are.

Afterward, I go back to my line and help the customers who were in front of her. When I am done, she comes up, looking frustrated.

Customer: “I had to wait in line for a long time and then the person just left.”

Me: “I am sorry, but we are busy. I did say that I was closing my line for the moment. I thought you had heard me as you were speaking with the group in front of you.”

Customer: “Well, I did not hear you.”

Me: “Again, I am sorry. What are you here to see?”

Customer: “I want a ticket for [Film].”

Me: “I am sorry, but we are not showing that film. It is playing over at [Other Theater]. They are only a ten-minute walk from here.”

Customer: “I want to see it here. Why can’t I see my movie here?”

Me: “We are not playing that film and cannot show it here.”

She huffed on out after this. I’ve had a few encounters with her where she got frustrated at me. When she comes back to speak to me, she does not even remember it was me she spoke to in the first place.

If you work in a cinema, you know that if you do not receive the booking or the content for a film then you cannot play it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!