Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs Closure About The Food

, , , | Right | June 26, 2017

(I am the supervisor of a truck-stop restaurant. The restaurant closed at 10:00 pm, but the store and fuel-bar stay open 24 hours, so we use a gate that we can pull across to close off the restaurant. I also put up a large sign in front of the gate that says “restaurant closed.” I am doing closing duties after putting up the sign and pulling the gate across (but not locking it yet as I need to get back and forth) when a customer opens the gate and proceeds to walk into a section of the restaurant with no lights on.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we’re closed.”

Customer: “What? What time do you close?”

Me: “We closed at 10:00.”

Customer: “So you’re not open?”

Me: “Nope, sorry.”

Customer: “Well… can I order food?”

Me: “Sorry, but the grills and everything else are turned off. Everything’s been put away. I can’t serve you anything.”

Customer: “Can I just get something to go?”

Me: “Nope, sorry. I can’t get you anything.”

Customer: “But I can get a burger and eat it here right?”

Me: “Sir, I can’t serve you at all tonight. I’m sorry but you’ll have to leave.”

Customer: “OH! You’re closed!”

Me: “Yup. Sorry.”

(There is an uncomfortably long silence before the customer says:)

Customer: “I’m not getting food, am I?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!