Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Making Concessions For Movie Theater Concessions

, , , | Right | September 16, 2020

I am working the concession stand one busy weekend. A regular customer is the next person I help in my line.

Me: “Hi, welcome to [Theater]! What can I get for you?”

Customer: “I would like a small popcorn and a small drink, and no, I don’t want to upsize it.”

Me: “All right, would you like butter on your popcorn?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “And what would you like to drink?”

Customer: “Diet Coke.”

Me: “I will have that for you in just a minute!”

I get his items and rung him up.

Me: “Your total will be $10.75.”

Customer: “$10.75?! Are you kidding me? That is outrageous for popcorn and soda! I shouldn’t have to pay that much for this!”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but I don’t make the prices. If you want, I can put everything back for you and you don’t have to buy it.”

Customer: “No, I wouldn’t want to be too much trouble.” 

He becomes rather rude and throws his money at me. I give him his change, not giving him another word. My manager saw the whole thing, so she lets me cool off in the back for a few minutes.

Once the customer’s movie lets out, he comes back into my line.

Customer: “Look, I wanted to apologize for how I acted earlier. That was rude of me.”

I didn’t know what to say, so I just smiled at him and said that it was okay and that it happened all the time. I was in a better mood the rest of the night because he apologized!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!