Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ignoring The Order Causes Disorder

, , , | Right | July 22, 2021

We are inside a popular fast food restaurant, inside a motorway services. Despite it being lunchtime, we are only second in line to order.

We hear the guy in front of us order a coffee and a burger. He moves to one side, and I order three meals — all with soft drinks — and a kids’ boxed meal.

Both orders start to be put on trays, and we wait for a while, and then a while longer.  

Eventually, I see my order getting filled. They put the bright kids’ meal box on the tray, one of the adult meals, and two large sodas.

At this point, the guy from earlier approaches the till, moves my tray, and picks up my soda. He goes to take the lid off when I stop him.

Me: “Err, that’s my order.”

Customer: “What?”

Me: “I said that’s my order. Can you not touch it, please?!”

Customer: “I ordered first!”

Me: “You ordered a coffee and burger. That is clearly a soda and a kids’ meal.”

He looks at me like I have three heads.

Customer: “What?”

Worker: “Excuse me, sir? Your order is here.”

She has his tray now ready in her hands.

Customer: “Oh. How was I supposed to know?”

He wanders off.

Worker: “I am so sorry, did he… disturb your food?”

Me: “No, I think I stopped him in time. Does that happen often?”

Worker: “Yeah, it’s scary how many people are driving around that tired.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!