Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If They Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Asked That…

, , , | Right | March 3, 2021

My sister relayed this story to me about a recent experience in the USA. We’re from Australia, and as ridiculous as this is, here the term “dollar store” is synonymous with a shop full of cheap rubbish, regardless of the cost of the items. To the best of my knowledge, there are no stores that only charge one actual dollar per item.

Sister: “Excuse me, but can you tell me how much this is? I can’t find a tag.”

Employee: “Ma’am, this is the dollar store.”

Sister: “Yes, thanks. So how much is it?”

Employee: “Ma’am, you are in the dollar store. It is one dollar.”

Sister: “Okay, thanks.”

A few minutes later, my sister approaches the same employee.

Sister: “Can you tell me how much this one is?”

Employee: *Really enunciating* “Ma’am, you are in the dollar store. Everything is a dollar.”

Sister: *Finally clicking* “Ohh, okay. Thank you.”

A few minutes later, she picks up something that seems just too good a deal to be true. 

Sister: “I am sorry, but is this really just a dollar?”

Employee: *Dying inside* “Yes, ma’am, everything here is one dollar.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!