Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Credibility Hanging By A Guitar String

| Learning | May 31, 2015

(I am in a chorus class towards the end of the year, and since we finished the spring concert, the teacher has us do a project where we present a song to the class and explain why it’s good. One girl presents a song by a moderately famous female rock artist and guitarist. Once she’s done presenting the video, she turns to the class.)

Girl: “I especially like the guitar work.”

(A boy in the class that all of the girls doted over raises his voice.)

Boy: “Please. You expect me to believe that she’s actually playing the guitar? She probably just sang and took the credit for the guitarist.”

Girl: “And why do you think that?”

Boy: “Well, girls can’t play guitars!”

(To rebut, she shows the same song live, with the artist clearly playing the guitar.)

Boy: *in the most insufferably condescending voice you can imagine* “I’m sure you wouldn’t recognize it, but those weren’t even the right finger positions.”

Girl: *clearly having had enough* “All right, fine.”

(She goes to the side and takes the acoustic guitar that the teacher keeps around and hands it to the boy.)

Girl: “Play it. Surely someone who knows as much about the guitar as you do can educate me, a brainless woman.”

(The boy takes the guitar, and plays the entirely wrong note.)

Girl: “Wrong note! Try again.”

(He tries again, trying to remember the positioning in the video. He fails again.)

Girl: “…Do you even play the guitar?”

(The boy mumbled that it’s different with an acoustic guitar before handing it back. The girl proceeded to play a wonderful acoustic version of the song, and everyone except the boy applauded. Incidentally, the boy that had many girls hoping that he’d take them to the prom got shot down by every last one when word of his misogyny spread.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!