Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Having A Trawa Wah-wah

, , , | Right | June 21, 2019

(I’ve been working at this store for a little over six months and have a pretty good handle on how things work and store policies, etc. As I am restocking, I approach a couple obviously looking for assistance.)

Me: “Hi. How are you today?”

Customer: *points at a small box with a small child’s bicycle, and in a thick accent, loudly and bluntly* “Trawa!”

Me: *looks at product, trying to decipher what she just said* “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear; could you say that again?”

Customer: *rolls eyes* “Get me a trawa. Where is trawa?”

Me: *thinking she is saying “trailer”* “This bicycle doesn’t come with a trailer, but there is another product that is the same that includes…”

(The customer cuts me off; her husband is glaring at me with a disgusted look.)

Customer: “You stupid girl. No, listen to me. Get me a trawa!”

Me: “I’m really sorry, but I am having trouble understanding. Is there another word or way to explain what you want? If you’re asking for a trolley, I’m afraid this store doesn’t supply them and I would be happy to take it to the counter for you.”

Customer: *yelling unintelligible insults*

Me: “Okay, I’ll be right back.”

(I got the manager to deal with them because I was too upset. Turns out she wanted one of those heavy-duty box-moving trolleys to move the 9-kg box to her car. Her burly husband said nothing. The manager just carried it out for her. I quit a few months later. I’m just not cut out for retail.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!