Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Give Us This Our Daily Bread

| Working | May 2, 2017

(I’ve only been at this job for a few weeks and have been working on the regular tills. Today, I’m being trained on self-service, so I can cover for someone else the next day. A customer calls the coworker who is training me over for help, so I go with her.)

Customer: “I’m not sure what to do with this bread; I was given it for free so I can’t scan it, but if I put it in the bagging area it’ll come up as an incorrect weight.”

Coworker: *looking a bit confused, looks at the bread and notices that in fact it doesn’t have a barcode on it and isn’t in proper packaging, so the customer is most likely telling the truth* “That’s fine. I’ll sort that out for you.”

Coworker: *after customer has left* “Wow, so they’re really giving out free bread? I kinda want some of that.”

(We carry on as normal until about 10 minutes later.)

Coworker: “Hey, are you all right to stay here by yourself for a bit?”

Me: “Yeah, of course. I think I know pretty much everything by now. Why?”

Coworker: “I’m going to go check if the bakery is actually giving out free bread; you know, just to check that customer wasn’t lying… I kinda have to do it, really.”

Me: *laughing* “You just want to get some for yourself, don’t you?”

Coworker: *also laughing* “Yep! I’ll be back soon!”

(She came back about 10 minutes later with two baskets full of bread, and went round all our other coworkers asking who wanted which loaf. The one I got was amazing, and it was the best day of this job so far!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!