Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Get With The Times, Man(ager)

, , , | Working | March 9, 2021

The bank I work at has been stuck in its ways for a long time. When I start, they are still doing things on paper that I’ve been doing on a computer for years. 

Manager: “Here’s a date calculator calendar for you to calculate the number of days between two dates. I don’t know what I would do without mine!”

Me: “Oh, I do that on the computer.”

Manager: “It’s so fast with this on your desk!”

My manager then puts a cross between a Rolodex and a yearly planner, about six by eight inches, into my hands.

Me: “Okay, thanks?”

I take it and hide it in the back of a drawer. I also show my coworkers how to use the Calendar app in Windows to find this information and they love it. Cut to the end of the year.

Manager: “Great news! We got the new date calculator inserts in!”

Me: “Thanks! I don’t need one, though.”

Manager: “You need to be able to calculate date durations. It’s simple to use!”

This little shrink-wrapped stack of papers had to be an inch thick. What a waste! I tossed it on top of last year’s calendar and forgot about it until I quit and cleaned out my desk. Sometimes I wonder how they managed to actually change when we locked down.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!