Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dry Demands

| Right | July 2, 2016

(A guest comes up to the desk with damp hair and a look of fury.)

Me: “Hello, may I help y—“

Guest: “I WAS TRYING TO DRY MY HAIR AND YOUR STUPID HAIR DRYER DOES NOT WORK IN MY ROOM! YOU’RE AN IDIOT AND SO IS THIS HOTEL!”

Me: “Um… I’m sorry ma’am. I’ll go fetch you another one.”

Guest: “YOU BETTER! AND HURRY UP, OR I’LL MISS MY FLIGHT! NOW! WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING?”

(I tell the manager to watch the desk while I find her another hair dryer. It takes a long time because all I can find are broken ones. Finally I head up to the desk with a working dryer.)

Guest: *screaming* “MY FLIGHT! MY FLIGHT, YOU INCOMPETENT IDIOTS!”

Manager: *whispers to me* “Where were you? The lady was getting more and more agitated!”

Me: “I couldn’t find a working one.” *to Guest* “Here you go, ma’am. Again, sorry about that.”

Guest: “YOU’RE ALL IDIOTS!” *snatches dryer and goes to dry her hair in the lobby bathrooms*

(She takes a while, and meanwhile I notice something: it’s raining hard outside. She finally comes out and throws the dryer at my manager, which hits the counter. Pieces of dryer fall off and my manager picks it up. She makes a beeline for the door. I also notice she had no umbrella.)

Me: “Ma’am, wait…”

Guest: “WHAT, IDIOT?”

Me: “…Never mind.”

(She throws me a dirty look, stomps outside, and her hair goes from dry to damp again in five seconds. I saw her throw another childish fit in the street! Glad I didn’t have to hear it! All that for nothing.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!