Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Take Declined For An Answer, Part 2

, , , | Right | November 2, 2020

I work in the drive-thru. One day, I have a customer come through early in the day and order three large combos with two milkshakes, which comes out to be a $25 order. When she gets to the window, she has a card. I’m trained to take payment while handing out drinks. I swipe her card on the register and it takes a minute, so I go ahead and hand her food out while I’m waiting.

This particular time, her card declines. I have already given her her food. So I try to swipe again, as we get errors sometimes. It declines once again.

Me: “Sorry, ma’am. Your card has been declined.”

Customer: “It shouldn’t be.”

Me: “Do you have another form of payment?”

Customer: “No, I don’t. Just let me go, since your card machine isn’t working.”

I try to ask for the food back, but she pulls off. I still have her card, as I have explained the situation and handed her both declined slips. She comes in the front and starts accusing me of stealing money from her card.

At this point, I get my managers as I’m supposed to do with irate customers.

Customer: “You stole from me! You just put $120 on my card!”

She starts speaking to our second manager and it switches to $20.

As [Manager #1] starts trying to calm her down and explain the situation, the customer turns her tirade to her.

Customer: “This isn’t any of your f****** business. Why are you f****** talking to me?”

She still has the food in her car with her boyfriend, and at this point, my managers have had enough, so they tell her to leave before they call the police.

This “customer” accused me of stealing from her and ended up getting twenty-five dollars of free food after throwing a fit about money she clearly didn’t have in the first place.

Related:
Don’t Take Declined For An Answer

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!