Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Be Spicy Where The Customers Can Hear

, , , | Working | May 19, 2020

I’m compiling healthy restaurant meals for a personal project. I reach [Mexican Fast Food Chain] and see that their chips and guacamole are relatively healthy. I do not like spicy foods in the slightest, so I call to make sure that their guacamole is not spicy. Note that this all takes place over the phone.

Employee: “Hi. Thank you for calling [Mexican Fast Food Chain]. How can I help you?”

Me: “Hi. I have a quick question about your guacamole. Is it spicy at all?”

Employee: “I’m not sure, but I don’t think so.”

Me: “Will you please check for me? I’m extremely sensitive to spiciness.”

Employee: “Sure thing.”

Then, she speaks faintly, as if she is away from the phone.

Employee: “Is the guacamole spicy?”

Employee #2: *Faintly* “That’s the dumbest question ever! No!”

Employee: *Faintly* “Okay.” *Normally* “No, it is not.”

Me: “Okay, thanks for finding out for me.”

Employee: “No problem. Have a nice day.”

Me: “You, too.”

I ended the call. I have no clue why the second employee responded in that way! I guess he was just having an off day, or maybe he thought that I couldn’t hear him. Whatever the case, employees should be careful of what they say!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!