Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Customers Are Scarier Than Freddie

| Right | April 29, 2017

(I work in a store that sells iPhones. “Five Nights at Freddy’s” is a survival/horror game that takes place in a children’s restaurant. The player has to spend five nights as the night security guard while not getting found by the stores animatronics. If one of the animatronics catches the player, they stuff him into a spare suit and he dies. This is accompanied by a jump-scare. “Five Nights at Freddy’s” has been recently released as an iOS game. A woman walks up to my counter and SLAMS a phone on the counter.)

Woman: “I demand compensation! You people should be ashamed of yourselves!”

Me: “With all due respect, ma’am, what did we do?”

Woman: “You’ve scarred my son for life, that’s what!”

(She turns on the phone, and it shows the title screen of “Five Nights at Freddy’s.”)

Woman: “My son played this game and it scared him so much he started crying!”

Me: “That’s, uh… what the game is meant to do. How old is your son?”

Woman: “He’s eight! He came up to me and asked if he could buy this game, and I said yes, and when he played it he started BAWLING!”

Me: “You let your eight-year-old son play a horror game?”

Woman: “Of course I did! He should be able to do what he wants!”

Me: “And what would you like for your ‘compensation,’ ma’am?”

Woman: “I demand you give me back the money for this phone!”

Me: “So, let me get this straight… You let your eight-year-old son play a horror game that we didn’t make. A horror game that is designed to scare people. He got scared, and you want the full price of the phone, given back to you, for something that did its job, that we didn’t make, was caused by your bad judgment, and, if anything, probably only cost you one or two dollars?”

Woman: “Yes!”

Me: “Get out of my store.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!