Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Get A Cache Loan

, , , | Right | August 9, 2022

I work in a library. We have an app for e-loans. It can be a little fiddly from time to time, but there are a few quick fixes to make it work smoothly again. This is something everyone who works at my library is aware of. I have even written a troubleshooting script for it.

I’m in the middle of my lunch break when my coworker, who has the information desk shift for the moment, comes to interrupt me.

Coworker: *Looking very tired* “Hey, [My Name], there’s a patron here who needs to talk to the expert.”

Me: “Which expert, exactly?”

Coworker: “The [E-Loan App] expert.”

Me: “What’s the problem?”

Coworker: “She needs to clear her cache, but she doesn’t believe me when I tell her.”

This is a two-minute fix, so I put down my knife and fork and go out to have a talk with the patron. I show her how to clear her cache, and voila, the app is working again.

Patron: “That’s fantastic! Thank you, dear. You are a genius! What would I do without you?”

She walks off. My coworker just stares at her.

Coworker: “I literally told her the exact same thing you just did.”

Me: “I guess you’re not ‘the expert’.”

My coworker and I are of the same gender and race and roughly the same age. The best I can figure is that I once helped this patron with the app, and she decided that I’m the only one who knows anything about it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!