Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #87717

, | Unfiltered | June 6, 2017

(Our public library has recently renovated its basement to include a teen area, complete with a teen librarian (a librarian for teens, not a librarian who is a teen). She’s in her twenties and very open-minded, so she relates well to the teens and a strong group of “regulars” forms quickly. Soon the events with the regulars double as an LGBT and mental health support group. Understandably, all the regulars love her and try to tell her that in their own ways. On this occasion, a group with a few regulars is meeting for an “anti-prom.”)

Librarian: *Goes into conference room to set up snacks and activities*

Regular 1: “NO WAIT DON’T LOOK AT THE WHITEBOARD!”

Librarian: *Startled, holds up hands and looks at Regular 1*

Regular 1: “You can look at it after [Regular 1’s Sister] and I are gone!”

(10 minutes later, after our librarian has finished setting everything up without looking at the whiteboard…)

Regular 1: “You can look at it now if you want.”

(Our librarian turns around to see a wonderful message detailing how amazing and beautiful she is. When she turns back to us, she looks like she’s going to cry.)

Librarian: “You guys! First [Regular 2] makes me that owl,” (small stuffed owl she sewed together,) “and [My Name] said those sweet things to me when I took him home, now this… I’m gonna cry when I get home!”

Me: “Wait, what sweet things?”

Librarian: “You may have blocked it out. It was pretty traumatic.”

(There was a communication issue between my parents and I, so I was getting angry calls from my mom all the way home.)

Me: “I remember telling you how awesome unisex bathrooms and toilets that don’t flush automatically are.”

Librarian: “Well, I’m glad you at least remember the important parts!”

(For the record, I’ve made her an owl of my own for her new apartment, so hopefully we’ll have something we can both remember!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!