Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67466

Unfiltered | March 12, 2017

(My sister and I are shopping at a big name retail store. In front of us is a woman and daughter with several items, behind us a man with only a few. It is extremely busy and all available employees are on registers.)

Cashier: “I’m sorry, ma’am, this umbrella doesn’t have a barcode. I have to call for someone to get the price.”

Woman: “Oh I’ll just go get a different one. Be right back!”

(The woman is gone for a short time, about two minutes.)

Man: “Ugh. This is taking forever. Hey [cashier], void the woman out so we can go!”

Cashier: “I’m sorry. I can’t. The managers are all on registers and I need them to void the orders.”

Man: “Just delete it! I’m in a hurry!”

Me: “Didn’t you just hear her? She can’t. She needs a manager and they’re all on registers right now. And even if she voided it, then the other customer will get mad. It won’t be too much longer. Just chill!”

(The man becomes increasingly belligerent with every passing moment, demanding the cashier void the woman out and make her go to the back of the line, despite her not being able to do so.)

Sister: “Shut up! She can’t void it out! The manager is RIGHT THERE! *Points to the next register* Everyone’s busy! And even if she did void it out, we’re in front of you. If you’re that upset, go to self check-out!”

Man: “I have more than 20 items. Now just void the d*** order out!”

(My sister and I keep defending the cashier until the woman finally does return with a replacement umbrella with the barcode. The cashier mouthed a thanks to us as she rung us up. To all cashiers, I’m sorry you have to put up with jerks like that!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!