Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67231

Unfiltered | July 6, 2016

((A coworker and I are the only two managers present in the store during this exchange. Her specialty is tech, and mine’s the print/design department. It’s been a relatively uneventful afternoon — until this customer and her two children approach my coworker.))

Co-worker: Hello there! Can I help you find anything, today?

Customer: *rudely* Show me where your printer power cords are!

Co-worker: Oh, unfortunately we don’t carry those in the store. They’re generally included with a brand new printer. But we can order a cable for you! If you just let me know your printer model–

Customer: No, I KNOW you have them here. Show me where your printer power cables are!

Co-worker: Ma’am, we don’t carry individual power cables in the store. Those, we have to order based on your printer model.

Customer: Give me your manager.

Co-worker: I *am* a manager.

Customer: Then get me a DIFFERENT manager!

Co-worker: Uh.. okay.

((My coworker crosses the store and tells me that some customers in tech want to speak to me about printer cables. I head out and greet the customer.))

Customer: Show me where your power adapters are.

Me: Sure! I have cell phone adapters, tablet adapters, laptop adapters…

Customer: NO. I WANT POWER. CABLES.

Me: Do you mean surge protectors? Or power strips? I have both of those over here…

Customer: NO! Show me where your laptop chargers are! I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM.

Me: Err, okay. Those are right here, but all we have are generic ones.

Customer: I DON’T WANT A LAPTOP CHARGER, I WANT A PRINTER POWER CABLE!

Me: Ma’am, we don’t carry those here, unfortunately. If you’d like, we can order one for you…?

Customer: GAWD, NEVERMIND! If I buy that laptop charger and it doesn’t work, can I return it?

Me: Ma’am, it’s designed only for use with laptops. If you return this item opened, you’ll be charged a restocking fee. I don’t think it would work with a printer, but then I’m just the copy center manager, so I really wouldn’t know for sure. The lady you were talking to is actually the expert on our products. Would you like me to call her back over?

Customer: THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS! WHY DON’T YOU JUST HAVE PRINTER POWER CABLES?

((Finally, the daughter, who’s been silent this whole time, chimes in))

Daughter: Mom, I TOLD you earlier that we should just order one from home!

((The customer glares at her daughter and then drags herself, her toddler and the older girl out of the store, complaining the whole time.))

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!