Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #328212

, | Unfiltered | May 8, 2024

At the age of 22 I kind of finally grew up a little from the aimless person I had spent the previous 12 years being. Having failed out of school and having very few qualifications I decided I would at least start there and get some A Levels and use the time doing that to think about what I wanted to do with my life. I arrived at college and went through an induction where I was at least 4 years older and in most cases 5 – 6 years older than most of my classmates. This led to some interesting lessons.

During our first “tutor session” we were being led through the exciting process of applying for our provisional drivers licences.

Me: “Ummm Tutor I don’t think this is really relevant to me”

Tutor: “And why is that?”

Me: *holds up car keys*

Tutor: “Ah yes ok well help out the other students”

The following week: We are getting a really awkward lesson on underage drinking.

Tutor: “who here drinks alcohol”

*everyone raises their hand*

Tutor: “are you aware that for all of you it’s illega… for all of you except Name that it’s illegal to buy or consume alcohol”

To be fair my tutor was genuinely great I just think I was somewhat of an oddity being that much older and getting these qualifications that it just threw him off for a few weeks. I had a great time on that course and passed with the highest possible marks. It had a huge impact on how I went on to approach my first job after that and i’ve been working for 6 years straight since.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!