Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #326612

| Unfiltered | April 28, 2024

My monitor died couple weeks ago & I ordered a new one and chose bus shipping (as in the package is shipped by the next bus going in my general direction & when necessary transferred to another bus going in my exact direction for faster delivery than shipping it by truck from logistics center A to B to C to D to you get the picture-) to a pickup point of my choosing, the package shipped out from the store in Turku on 14th (Wednesday), I have tracking info to prove that the shipping company did indeed pick it up and start transporting it that same day, the next day when there were no updates on the tracking app (there are typically three entries at every stage of the delivery, like “package arrived”, “package processed”, “package shipped out”) I called the shipping company’s customer service.

Customer service: “[Shipping company] customer service, how can I help you?”
Me: “Hi, my package shipped out yesterday by bus & the last update in the tracking app is from yesterday afternoon, is everything OK?”
CS: “Can I get the tracking number?” *gets the tracking number*
CS: “I see you have chosen “Nearby” delivery, we don’t really deliver by bus, your package is in the Helsinki logistics center & we simply haven’t had the time to process it yet.”
Me: “But I chose bus shipping, why do you offer it if you don’t have it?”
CS: “We have never offered bus shipping, the seller has misled you, in any case as the delivery is still within the normal delivery time you’ll have to wait until 19th (Monday), bye!”

So I waited until the next day (Friday) and when there was still no update on the package’s status I called again, this time the customer service rep actually panicked that the package hadn’t moved in over 36 hours, she also said that yes they DO have bus shipping. I contacted the seller as well and got the ball rolling on their end. This delivery company doesn’t process packages over the weekend so I had to wait until Monday before contacting them again as the package had still not been found, this was confirmed by the customer service rep who said they had asked their logistics centers in Turku, Helsinki and Vantaa to try and find the package & that it was in none of those places.

On Tuesday (20th) I contacted the seller to ask if the delivery company had contacted them as they had promised on Friday already, and asked the seller to prepare a second monitor for shipping in case the first one isn’t found, and on Wednesday I got a text message from the seller that a new package has shipped. It arrived yesterday, in approximately 20 hours from shipping and when I got the package in my hands I noticed there were TWO shipping labels on it (one on top of the other), one dated 14th and another one dated 21st, no explanation where the package was found & why they didn’t simply deliver it with the original label, but at least I got my monitor, a full week later than I should have, but still.

I have been using this delivery company for 15 years as it’s cheaper and (until now-) faster than the postal service, but after this, I may have to reconsider even if just because of that first customer service rep (the insane waiting times on the phone with “we are busy, thank you for waiting” -recordings in two languages, replaying at approx. 30 second intervals, are also a factor)

The “first package’s” tracking info says its estimated arrival date is Tuesday 27th, I remain skeptical.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!