Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #326600

| Unfiltered | April 27, 2024

(I’m looking carefully through my credit card statement and see a charge for a license through PayPal. I don’t have a PayPal account and I didn’t purchase any license recently so I dispute it. It’s for hundreds of dollars and I live paycheck to paycheck so it’s a lot for me. The next day I get an email saying that I didn’t have enough evidence to prove that I didn’t authorize this charge so they’re closing the dispute and demanding I pay it. I wrote a scathing letter to them back, threatening to close my account unless they help me figure out where it came from. Then I talk to my sister about it.)

Me: “Can you believe that they denied my dispute? Someone with a PayPal account obviously stole my credit card numbers! I don’t even have a PayPal account and I’ve told the credit card company that!!’

Sister: *eyes wide* “Yeah, don’t let this go! You shouldn’t pay for this!!”

Me: “And I didn’t even buy a license! What the he**, this whole things bizarre!! I’m really going to close my account with them if they don’t realize some thief purchased themselves a license!!”

Sister: “Ohhh a license, Ohhh.”

Me: “?”

Sister: “Don’t you remember that you gave me your credit card so I could purchase an adjuster license? That must’ve been it!”

Me: “What! But you don’t have PayPal…why would it show up as PayPal??”

Sister: “I dunno.”

(After asking her more questions, we realize that It must’ve been for that. I had completely forgotten about it. I immediately close my dispute again. I should’ve remembered that I gave her my card. But I’m still puzzled about PayPal. We suppose it must’ve been the website she bought that license from that had it. Live and learn.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!