Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #326601

| Unfiltered | April 27, 2024

When I was about 7, we had a bunch of family friends over at night. I was the youngest of all the kids gathered, about 6 years younger. We decided to play hide-and-seek in the yard. We had about an acre of land, so there was plenty of places to hide. But being so much younger, I didn’t stand much of a chance, and I was “it” several times.

One round, when I finally got to be a hider again, I simply went around the corner from where the base (our front porch) was. The porch light was on, but the side of the house where I went was in shadow. I climbed up on the window sill and stood there; in daylight I’d be quite visible, but it was dark, so I felt confident.

“It” came around the corner in his search for hiders. He stopped *right* in front of me, and I had to suppress my giggles that he hadn’t seen me. But then the worst started to happen: I started to lose my balance. As I started to fall, I shouted. This freaked “it” out so much that he fell down. I then finished my fall, ran around the corner, and got to safe base before “it” recovered.

I was so proud to finally get the best of a teenaged “it”.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!