Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #323884

, | Unfiltered | March 28, 2024

My dad travels sometimes for his job, and it is because of this that I like certain foods that are not typical in the US. One such oddity is dipping fries in mayonnaise, which he picked up in France. He doesn’t do it much, but I loved it and it became the only way I would eat fries. When I got a job at a fast food restaurant, I would always grab mayo packets with my employee meal and use them on my fries. Now, between my co-workers and my friends, there were a decent number of people who knew I ate fries this way, but every single one of them had been dubious to disgusted at the idea. I could never convince them that it was good.
One day at my job, a man walks in, and when I ask if I could help him he says that he placed an order on his phone. I go to the order screen and see that all he has ordered is fries with mayo packets. I get his order, and, since there is no one else in the lobby, I say, ” I have to ask. I’d the mayo for the fries?” He says it is. “That’s great! You know, I do that, and no one believes me when I say it’s great.”
He nods. “Yeah, most people just put ketchup on them.”
“But it’s popular in France!” I say.
It then turns out that he had traveled to France with his family, and I tell him that I had gone with my dad on a trip there once, and we chat for a bit. It was great to know that I’m not alone in my taste in food, and I think he felt the same way!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!