Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #306244

, | Unfiltered | October 17, 2023

( I work in a grocery store. Aisle 9 is our bread aisle. the bread is kept on the end directly across from our registers. it’s right there. both sides of the aisle are lined with shelves of bread until halfway up the aisle. there is a huge sign above the aisle and it has “bread/cereal/oatmeal” on both sides of the sign. it is but a stone’s throw away from Register 11. I say all this in some detail because it’s really hard to miss the bread. you’d either have to be blind or go out of your way to be so oblivious that you can’t find the bread aisle on your own. it’s right smack in the middle of the entire store. Our store is small, so even if you miss it going one way, there’s a a very high chance you won’t miss it coming back or when you’re about to check out.

It’s August 2021, and I’m working the self checkout area. I’m standing on the side closest to the aisles to invite people with smaller orders in when the registers get backed up. My side is void of customers at the moment, so I’m standing around and watching the registers, when i happen to see this incident take place.)

Customer: (Standing DIRECTLY IN FRONT of the bread aisle.) *turns and looks at my Co-worker on register 11 and shouts:* “HEY BUD, WHAT AISLE IS YOUR BREAD ON?!”

(I didn’t hear what my co-worker said, but i definitely made sure to go up and ask him if i had seen and heard what just happened. Perhaps not much of a story, but it’s definitely one of the more clueless customers I’ve seen.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!