Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #296148

, | Unfiltered | July 13, 2023

I recently graduated from an online university with an Associate’s Degree. I went to a local chain store to buy a frame. I saw one that was acceptable so I purchased it and on arrival at home I realized after I removed the price sticker that the frame was not removable so I could not put my diploma in it.

I returned to the store with my receipt to do a return. I had paid on a credit card so I did not think there would be an issue since it was the same day and all. The cashier started the return and asked about the barcode that should be on the item.

I said it should be on the back but after checking it was not. The cashier told me I could only get store credit. I wasn’t exactly thrilled but I know she is not the one making the rules and after a short pause, I said that would be OK. She then stepped away to talk to a coworker and I heard her say it was purchased today but was missing the code. The coworker told her to keep the return receipt. The cashier came back and returned the purchase to the credit card that was used.

My guess is she did it because I did not complain about it but I was a little surprised at the outcome.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!