Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #296128

, | Unfiltered | July 13, 2023

My husband and I were staying in a hotel for a weekend trip. I had just started brushing my teeth when I heard the hotel room’s door open. I thought it was my husband bringing coffee back. Instead, I saw a woman standing in the doorway.

Me: Yes?
Woman: Uhh…sorry. (*Turns to leave*)
Me: Excuse me!
Woman: (*Quickly closes the door behind her*)

A moment later my husband comes back. I tell him what happened and he’s just as confused. We go to the front desk.

Front Desk: Hi, how can I help you?
Me: Yeah, a woman just walked into our room.
Front Desk: Oh. The cleaning staff? You can just hang the “Do Not Disturb” sign.
Me: She was wearing regular clothes and she didn’t knock.
Front Desk: Maybe another guest got confused.
Husband: How would another guest get into our room?
Front Desk: You probably didn’t shut the door the whole way.
Me: I know I did.
Front Desk: Then it was probably the cleaning staff and you just didn’t hear her knock.
Me: She did not knock. She was not wearing a uniform. But she got in my room and when I tried to talk to her, she left. So either your staff is not properly trained or your security is lacking. Which is it?
Front Desk: (*Sigh*) I really don’t know what to tell you.
Husband: You can tell us you’re going to refund the rest of our trip so we can go somewhere else.

She argued for a while that we were not entitled to a refund. When I pulled up Yelp and started writing a review about our experience, she refunded the whole weekend.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!