Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #295574

, , | Unfiltered | July 5, 2023

I’m the author of the story, Orange Is The New Black, on here
https://notalwaysright.com/orange-is-the-new-black-2/159893/
I got to say that creativity and big personalities run in that swimmer’s family because I have a funny story of Rainbow Metal Princess’s 7 year-old little brother.

This past summer we had to run a dryland only practice one day because when we got to the pool to set up we found out that a pump broke and the chlorine levels were dangerously high. As coaches we tried our best to let parents know that we weren’t allowed to get in the water so send your kids with sneakers for dryland or don’t send your kid to swim practice. Those swimmers who still came were spread out on the grass area of our outdoor pool and we started doing relay races with random callisthenic exercises. Things like crab walks, wheel barrels, skipping, inch worms, and bear crawls.

For those of you who don’t know, bear crawls are difficult and exhausting. You have to run on all fours, meaning your hands and feet, with your butt up in the air. It looks very similar to how big brown bears look when they run which is why the exercise is called a bear crawl. After a couple of rounds of bear crawls this 7 year-old boy came up to me.

Swimmer: Coach, do we have to do bear crawls the way you showed us?

Me: Do you know a different way to crawl like a bear?

Swimmer: *with all the confidence in the world* Yes, I know how they run.

Me: Okay then, why don’t you do a bear run on this next race.

I don’t know what I was expecting, but it was not having a swarm of 7 year-old boys wide leg squatting with hands in claws up above their heads and rawering as they sprinted across the grass in that half squat position.

I can’t wait to see what this family’s kids come up with during this coming summer.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!