Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #293126

, | Unfiltered | June 10, 2023

I’m grocery shopping during the global health crisis. My city has issue a mask mandate requiring masks in stores, and so far all of the customers and employees I’ve seen have masks on. I’m in the checkout line, and just as the cashier calls me forward, a man with no mask enters the checkout lane from the wrong direction. Before the cashier can object, he hands her the 3 bottles of wine he wants to purchase. The cashier gives me an apologetic look, and I nod at her to go ahead and check the guy out. I’m not in a hurry, and I figure it’s the fastest way to get the unmasked man out of there. The real fun starts when the cashier asks for his ID. Note: this guy is probably in his early to mid-20’s. He definitely doesn’t look old enough for the cashier to be confident he’s over 21 without seeing an ID.

Unmasked Man: I don’t have it.

Cashier: Is it outside?

Unmasked Man: No *pulls out his phone* I have a picture of it.

Cashier: Can you go get the actual ID?

*Unmasked Man continues scrolling through his pictures*

Cashier: Can I check this lady out while you look for it?

Unmasked Man: *still scrolling* I’ve got a picture of it.

*The cashier sighs and gives me another apologetic look.

The unmasked man finally found the picture of his ID, which showed him to be over 21. The cashier finished the transaction but warned the man that he needed to have his actual ID next time. The cashier apologized to me when I got up to the register, but I told her it wasn’t her fault.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!