Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #292543

, | Unfiltered | May 27, 2023

My husband and I have a friend / acquaintance who gets us Christmas gifts every year. Unfortunately, they are usually quite odd gifts. One year, my husband gets this white cropped, ripped hoodie with logos and patches all over it (with the tag still on, so it was new), and I get a very, very sparkly, sequin-y sweatshirt that I would never wear. I give mine away and try to sell my husband’s hoodie (as it is a brand name), to no avail, so we donate it. We get a couple other gifts similar to this for other years. This year, we unwrap a toque and a scarf. We already have too many toques and scarves (one toque actually given to us by the same friend), and since these still have the tags on from a modern department store, we go to see if we can get store credit for them. After the cashier scans the items, she informs us that we could get a dollar for them, as they were purchased on clearance several years ago. It was then that we realized that all these gifts we’d gotten from our friend over the years had likely been purchased on clearance, who knows when, sitting in their house, and gifted whenever an occasion comes up. I mean, I guess it’s nice that we get presents, but I’d much rather get something we’d actually use or wear, instead of being burdened with stuff we don’t need or want.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!