Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #291664

, , , | Unfiltered | May 19, 2023

A new woman has been hired a few months ago into a team that has been together for years and is close knit. Her job is the second in command for the boss, I’m the coordinator of the department.
The second-in-comand is always complaining that she is so overwhelmed. Every time she returns to her desk she wails out how many new emails she has to wade through – often asking me when a document came through so she can find it in her email.
Because of this, I was only copying her on emails that affect her but she then would get mad that she wasn’t up on info that has nothing to do with her, which usually just left her more overwhelmed when she knows the info.
Then last week, she complained that I hadn’t copied her on an email where her knowing about it would be more annoying than not; as she gets up from her desk whenever anyone is talking in the office to interject her thoughts. I started CCing her on EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. She gets 30 to 50 more emails an hour than she was before. There is no way she can keep up with the superfluous info, but she tries – often ending up staying in the office to 10pm at night to keep up. (Something she brags about even though the boss tells her to have regular hours like the rest of us.)
She just needs to look at the demeanor of the rest of the office and calm down to come to the chill level of everyone else, but she is myopically driven to prove herself; pushing her far away from the graces of the rest of us. Her need to be part of every conversation and decision to make a mark on the project has her contributing ideas that are useless as she doesn’t understand what she’s talking about (she would if she focused on just the info needed). Additionally, the stress she puts herself under pushes her to be snippy and that snip as been directed at the boss a few times.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!