Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #283574

, | Unfiltered | February 9, 2023

My aunt has told me many stories about how her grandfather, my great-grandfather, who suffered from Alzheimer’s towards the end of his life, would often “lose” his pipe and walk around looking for it while actually he already had it in his mouth. He’d end up asking people if they’d seen it, and because he only spoke the local dialect, my aunt’s imitation sounds hilarious. Think “Have ye seen me pipe?” in a half-mumbled voice because said pipe is hanging from the corner of the mouth. I know it’s not actually funny but tragic, and I guess yesterday great-grandpa’s ghost decided to teach us a lesson. My aunt and I were at the spa, and as we sat down to tea at the “lounge” in our bathrobes, my aunt suddenly started and looked around. For the record, we we’re sitting across from eachother and I’m looking at her.
Aunt: “My glasses! Where are they? I think I’ve lost them!”
Me (knowing where she usually puts them): “They’re in your pocket.”
Auntie starts to reach for her pocket, then stops and reaches for her face. Yup, you guessed it, they were on her nose! We both burst into laughter and ask which one of us is dimmer, her for not realizing her glasses were on her nose, or me for not noticing they were on her nose eventhough I was looking straight at her.
That evening, after I get home, I phone my parents and tell them. They laugh, then ask me this gem:
Dad: “You and mum bought handlotion when you were over last week, but we can’t find it. Where did you put it?”
Me: “In the bathroom of course.”
Dad: “In the bathroom?”
Me: “Yeah, in the drawer under the sink, where mum told me to put it.” (hearing my parents burst into laughter) “Where did you look for it?”
Dad: “In the car!”
Apparently they thought it had never been brought in when they didn’t see it next to the lotion we’d also bought, which I’d put in the windowsill next to the nearly empty bottle. Well excuse me for following orders. Oh, and sorry great-grandpa! I know now it can happen to anyone.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!