Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #260028

, | Unfiltered | June 13, 2022

Fiance is Skyping with his family, talking about recent family drama with my future sister-in-law. I’m not paying full attention because they’re speaking French and I’m trying to work on my computer. At some point though I do hear my name in the conversation and briefly stop working to listen and see if I’m being asked about something or if they’re talking about me.

I’m not fluent in French so what I get is “[indeciperable French] MyName like a marmot [indeciperable French] sleeps a lot”

I go back to work and contain my curiosity until the Skype call is over, then I ask Fiance what was all that about marmots? He told me that according to his parents, sister-in-law’s boyfriend finds her difficult to live with when she’s on her period. Fiance then felt the need to say that I’m not particularly difficult to live with during my period, I just sleep more. Like a cute little marmot, apparently. After that we had a little talk about boundaries and Things Our Parents Don’t Need To Know About Us.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!