Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #252973

, , | Unfiltered | February 7, 2022

My husband and I are talking to his mother’s sister who is an early baby boomer who was born in the late 1940’s. She is looking for ways to cut down on her bills as she is currently unemployed. Note that my husband and I were both born in the 1980’s. My husband tells her that she could cut her $90 a month cable bill and just watch over the air TV instead. This is the following exchange.

Aunt: What do you mean cancel my cable? I don’t understand over the air TV! I plugged in the TV in my basement and it picked up the over the air channels and you know what? There were three or four of each channel number and all of the channels had something different on them! That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen!

In the United States over the air TV is digital and each channel is subdivided into numbers such as 27.1, 36.3, etc. There are channels on those subdivisions that air shows based upon themes such as crime stories, sitcoms, westerns, classic TV, etc.

Me: You know that (husband) and I don’t have cable or satellite and the shows that are on the “extra” channels are actually pretty good for free TV.

Aunt: Well, why in the blazes do you not have cable or satellite!? (She lives in the city)

Me: (Husband) and I are now living on a remote farm deep in a holler (valley between two hills) and the cheapest satellite plan is over $100 a month in our area. We didn’t feel like spending the money when we can get decent TV for free over the air. We actually get really good reception on our farm.

Aunt: But why would you want to watch any of the crap that is on the free channels?

Me: The crap that you are referring to is reruns of Discovery Network shows, classic TV and sitcoms that (husband) and I enjoyed while we were growing up. I can literally spend hours watching the Justice Network while (husband) is at work. A lot of us millenials are cutting the cord.

Aunt: I still think that over the air TV is crap!

Husband: (Aunt) at least I don’t shell out the monthly equivalent of my car insurance premiums on TV service…..

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!