Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #248421

, | Unfiltered | November 28, 2021

I arrive at work 15 minutes early. My store manager comes in the break room and right up to me.

SM: (My name), have you clocked in?
Me: No, I still have 15 minutes.
SM: Come see me when you’re on the clock.
Me: Okay…

When my time rolls around, I see that my punch card is missing. I check the floor, the tables, see if it’s fallen under something but it’s nowhere to be found. I go to the store manager’s office.

Me: (*knock on the open door*) Uh, my card is missing.
SM: (*proud of herself*) That’s because I have it. Do you know why?
Me: No… Why didn’t you just tell me when you were back there?
SM: We can’t discuss work if you’re not on the clock.
Me: So, you took my time card because you wanted to talk to me…but you can’t discuss it until I clock in.
SM: Yes.
Me: …How am I supposed to clock in to talk to you if you have my card? Now I’m late.
SM: You should have planned ahead.
Me: Right.

I guess from now on I’ll have to assume I won’t be able to clock in on time.
And why did she have my card? I didn’t sign a time adjustment, which was also locked in her office so I wouldn’t have been able to sign it without her anyway.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!