Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #247982

, | Unfiltered | November 19, 2021

My mother and I go to a home depot to get tile glue and other necessities. We already have the tiles and empty wall. My mother, in her sixties, asked us if she can tile the wall for us, saving us a lot of money. Since she tiled her own kitchen and that looks great (for over 40 years now), we accept.

When we enter the Home Depot and find the aisle, there is a plethora of brands and my mother and I get overwhelmed by the choice. We look for an employee and we find an older employee and a young looking man.

Me: Excuses me, sirs, my mother and I are looking for tiling glue and we need a bit of help picking. My mother tiled years ago, but things changed quite a lot since then.

The older employee tells the younger employee to help us and he advises us. The older employee joins us and tells us one brand is a lot cheaper for us, and equally strong. When he notices my mother and remembers she tiled before, he starts talking to her with a lot of lingo. I don’t get most of it and my mother raises her hands.

Mother: Honey, sweety! *I cringe by hearing this and hope the employee won’t be offended* The last time I tiled, she *points at me* wasn’t even born yet! It was over 40 years ago! Please treat me like someone who doesn’t know what she’s doing!

There was a moment of silence and the older employee started laughing. He then explained it in a way even I could understand it and our wall is now beautifully tiled!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!