Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #244035

, | Unfiltered | September 17, 2021

I have cycles where I’m not very hungry and can’t eat much or I will feel really full or sick, half the time it happens I dont notice and will go an entire day without eating if I’m not careful, the cycles are random and since I work in healthcare I can’t consistently schedule meal times to avoid that. This story happened recently.

I just got home and am very thirsty even though I recently had a drink so I chug half a beer and wander to my room, I sit down considering going to sleep because I’m exhasted, but cant figure out why I’m so tired since I’ve been up only 2 hrs. Soon I start feeling ravenous, lightheaded, dizzy, and so hot I start sweating.
Me: “Wait a minute why am I suddenly having low sugar symptoms?”
Brain: “Because you went into a cycle, didnt notice and in the past 3 1/2 days all you’ve eaten was 1 plate of food, 2 slices of pizza, and a bag of gas station candy unintentionally starving yourself into a sugar low.”
Me: … F***
I grab my jacket and purse and start walking the 3/4 a mile to the closest gas station since I dont have anything to raise a sudden sugar low. Along the way I get worse and start wondering if I should have texted someone to bring me something instead, by the time I get there I’m feeling terrible, pretty lightheaded, head feels weird and I think there was some confusion because my thoughts feel weird (lack of better way to describe it), I grab sugar on sugar on sugar ice cream bar and sugar fridge coffee and manage to stop my shaking long enough to hand the money over and leave. 10 minutes after I devour it all and eat something else I’m feeling much better and hoping it doesn’t happen again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!