Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #240989

, | Unfiltered | August 2, 2021

(This story arcs over a period of 14 years. When I was in Secondary School, I was socially awkward, a bit odd and for those reasons didn’t have so many friends, aside from one. We hung out together, and even invited each other over for sleepovers and gaming. It rocked my younger self knowing I wasn’t that stranded. However, one evening all of that changed at my house. My friend is over with me and is browsing my computer whilst also on MSN. My mother has popped out to go get some takeaway food for us from the local restaurant.)

Friend: *Completely out of the blue* I gotta go mate.

Me: Oh, really? Why?

Friend: I’ve just got to go home mate. Sorry.

(This went around in circles for quite a bit, he never gave me a reason as to why he had to leave. 10 minutes later he left , and my mother returned 5 minutes afterwards. When she hears about what happened, she is equal parts heartbroken and furious that he lied to my face and directly assumed he had gone to another friends house instead. The next day at school my ‘Friend’ actually confirms this to be true, laughing about it the whole time. I decided there and then to not be friends with him anymore. Since it was almost the end of my Secondary School life, I had no trouble in distancing myself as far as I could from him and everyone I knew there as I went to College.

Now in the present I’m at University, have a much greater circle of friends, a beautiful girlfriend and generally content with life. One day on Facebook I see I have an active friend request pending – from my old friend. Acting on instinct I delete it immediately, only for the same request to pop up an hour later. I decide to finally get closure and a bit of revenge on the side.)

Me: *Messaging my friend* Can I help you?

Friend: Hello mate nice to hear from u again.

Me: *Playing dumb* I’m sorry, do I know you?

Friend: We were mates in [Secondary School]. Don’t you remember?

Me: Oh I certainly remember. I certainly remember how you came over to my house that one day, hogged my computer for 2 hours straight and chatted on MSN to your other friends, before ditching me to go over to their house for the night. I remember having to lie to my mum about your excuse because you were too much of a fucking pussy to even give me the decency of one. My mother spent money on you to feed you – money she didn’t have at that time and you completely pissed all over it. What do you have to say for yourself?

Friend: *The Facebook three dots appear and disappear, indicating that he’s typed a response but doesn’t actually know what to say.*

Me: Yeah, I thought as much. Fuck off, and do not message me on here again.

(I deleted his request the second time, and thankfully I’ve not had to experience a third. Karma is a bitch.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!