Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #240987

, , | Unfiltered | August 2, 2021

When I was a teenager I drove an old, beat up sports car. My friend and I were on our way home from the lake one day, both looking kind of scruffy. I pulled into a turning lane. Ahead of me a car was stopped at a red light. I stopped about 10 feet behind it. Suddenly the other car went into reverse and hit the front of my car hard. I jumped out yelling, and then saw that the occupants were two little old ladies.
Me: “Oh, uh is everybody okay?”
Little lady: “Oh dear I’m so sorry. I just realized I didn’t want to turn here, and I was trying to get into the other lane. We’re on our way home from a funeral.”
Me: “Well, as long as no one’s hurt.”
My friend was already calling the police, and, amazingly, two police cars showed up in about two minutes.
Officer, to me: “You! Put your hands on the trunk of your car, NOW! You could have killed someone you s***!”
Me: “No officer, the other car backed into us, just ask them!”
Officer: “Yeah, sure d**s****!”
The second officer ordered my friend out of the car too.
Officer, into his radio: “We’re going to need a canine unit for a drug search.”
Me: “What? Just ask them what happened!”
The officer searches me and my friend and cuffs us while the other officer goes to talk to the occupants of the other car, and comes back.
Other officer: “They said these kids hit them from behind, and then threatened them unless they claimed responsibility!”
Me: “What???”
While this was going on, a woman with short hair crossed the street towards us from a car wash. The officers recognized her as an off-duty police captain.
Captain: “I saw what happened right as I was entering the car wash. These kids were stopped, and the other car backed into them.”
Officer: “Yeah, I – wait – what?”
Captain: “That’s what actually happened.”
The officer turned six colors of purple but took our cuffs off.
Me, full of teenage stupid: “Maybe you should search their car for drugs!”
Captain, snarling: “Kid, today is your lucky day. DON’T f*** it up!”
Me: “Yes ma’am, I’m sorry, thank you.”
Both officers glared at us while making their reports, telling us they would remember us and not to get into trouble “again.” The officers did not cite the other driver, and so my car insurance didn’t pay for repairs.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!