Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #235505

, , | Unfiltered | June 2, 2021

(I am a regular at this store and this time I have ordered multiple pizzas. I am sitting on a bench waiting for them to be assembled and wrapped when another customer comes in and goes up to the cash register.)

Employee: “What can I get for you today?”

Customer: “I got a pizza here before and followed your instructions. It wasn’t done in the middle when I took it out of the oven. The crust was gooey and the cheese wasn’t entirely melted. We couldn’t eat it.”

Employee: “Did you put it back in the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking?”

Customer: *louder then before* “No! I followed the instructions and it wasn’t cooked!”

Employee: “You should have put it back in for a few minutes. Some ovens don’t heat as well or as evenly as others and you’ll have the tweak the instructions a little, either increasing the temperature or the cooking time.”

Customer: *suddenly angry* “There is nothing wrong with my oven! There is a problem with the instructions. They need to be changed. I shouldn’t have to do anything but follow the instructions!”

Employee: “The instructions have been tested and are fine for the vast majority of people. We can’t change them to suit your oven. Now is there something else i can do for you today?”

Customer: *yelling* “This is ridiculous! The instructions must be changed! They caused me to waste a whole pizza!”

Employee: “Ma’am, any time you cook food and see that it isn’t done, you keep cooking it until it is. Now is there anything I else I can do for you?”

Customer: *sounding like none of the preceding just happened* “Yeah… I’d like to order a large [specialty pizza].”

(I expected her to demand a free pizza or something but she paid then started trying to make small-talk with the employees who were finishing my order. They nervously gave her a few short answers. She came over and sat down next to me on the bench.)

Customer: *to me* “They sure aren’t very friendly here.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!